Design Thinking Fundamentals Course
This course will introduce you to the fundamentals of Design Thinking, and take you through the entire Design Thinking process using a learning by doing approach. This means that you will work hands-on: combining theory (history of design thinking, various models of how to visualise the process) with practical case studies and experience. You’ll be introduced to our Design Method Toolkit and apply various design methods to a case that is relevant to your own context. The methods in our toolkit will help you to collaborate more effectively, using design and design methods as a common language. You will move more quickly from talking and discussing into visualising and making things tangible, which will ensure a richer, more productive, and more creative workflow.
What you will learn
We will explore the history of design thinking and related disciplines, and will look critically at different frameworks of design thinking and innovation. What is Design Thinking and where does it come from? How is it explained by various leading institutions and why? Through hands-on exercises, we will introduce you to different mindsets that help you navigate an innovation process. Using our Design Method Toolkit, we will share various specific design methods that are used within the different phases of Design Thinking and you’ll learn how to apply them on a case that is relevant to your own personal or professional context.
Covered DSS competencies
Applied Human Centred Design
Collaboration and Co-creation
Create solutions for social impact
What you will learn
- What Design Thinking is;
- About the history of design thinking and related disciplines;
- To look critically at different frameworks of design thinking and innovation;
- How it is explained by various leading institutions and why;
- About different mindsets that help you navigate an innovation process through hands-on exercises;
- About various specific design methods that are used within the different phases of Design Thinking with the help of our Design Method Toolkit;
- How to apply these design methods on a case that is relevant to your own personal or professional context.
Not exactly what you're looking for?
We understand that your organisation might have specific needs, and you might need specific learning paths or custom courses tailored to your specific needs. Our in-company trainings might be what you are looking for, contact us and we'll arrange for one of our experts to design a course to cater to your specific needs.